Jamal Mohamed College was established in 1951 as a religious minority institution with the primary objective of providing higher education to the downtrodden and socially backward sections of the society in general and Muslim Minority in particular. Janab. N.M. Khajamian Rowther Sahib and Janab. M. Jamal Mohamed Sahib of revered memory are the founding fathers of this institution. Over the period of 6 decades, the college was able to scale greater and greater heights and raise to the present status as a multi faculty institution with 19 UG courses, 21 PG courses and 13 Research Programmes by promoting quality and excellence in higher education due to the sustained efforts and dedicated leadership of the college management committee. The college was conferred with autonomous status in 2004. The NAAC assessed the college and accredited our college with Five Star status in 2002 and 'A' grade in 2009. The college has student strength of 10600 and faculty strength of 383. The college celebrated its diamond jubilee during 2011. The UGC has identified our College as "College with Potential for Excellence" in 2011.
- 65th Year of Service
- 20 UG and 21 PG courses
- 16 Research Departments
- Conferred Autonomous status in 2004
- Awarded 'A' Grade by NAAC (CGPA 3.6 out of 4.0) in 2009
- Bestowed with the Honor of "College with Potential for Excellence" (CPE) in 2011.
- Identified as one of the 45 colleges in India for offering "Degree Awarding Status"
- Students Strength of 11,205
- Faculty strength of 428
- Exclusive Guidance and Counseling Centre for Placement Training